Saving your card can simplify the everyday
Whether it’s for convenience or for effortless everyday purchases, it only takes a minute to save your Mastercard on an app, website, browser or phone. Use it and enjoy the benefits of Mastercard, including convenience, security, perks with select merchants, and more. You could even get a Priceless Surprise!
No need to enter your card details, shipping or billing information again with online retailers, in-app or in a digital wallet
Purchase with just one quick tap or click online, in-app or in a digital wallet
Zero Liability Protection? ensures you won’t be held responsible for unauthorized transactions
See what could happen when you use your Mastercard
Cooking up a Priceless Surprise
From 9-to-5 to Priceless?Surprise
A Priceless Surprise starring you!
Save and use your Mastercard at our partners
Frequently asked questions
A: Credential-on-file payment (also referred to as card-on-file) happens when you have explicitly authorized a retailer or business to store your payment details – like your account number and expiration date – and subsequently authorized that same retailer or business to bill you using the stored payment details.
A: Credential-on-file transaction can be a transaction initiated by you (e.g., an e-commerce, in-app, or mail or phone order transaction), or a merchant-initiated transaction (e.g., a recurring payment or instalment payments). In either case, you authorized the retailer or business to save your payment details at some point in the past, and you do not have to enter in your credentials again.
A: Depending on the consumer and their shopping habits, there are a number of benefits to credential-on-file as a payment method:
- Convenience: You only need to enter your payment details once, and the credentials are saved for future purchases. Eliminate the potential of human error associated with entering long strings of numbers for every transaction.
- Speed: In addition to saving you from the potential of data entry mistakes, you save valuable time from not having to re-enter payment data – this in turn speeds up the checkout process so you can get on with the rest of your day or night.
- Security: Securing every transaction is paramount at Mastercard, and we are always looking for ways to optimize security, including security solutions designed specifically for digital transactions like credential-on-file. Mastercard also offers Zero Liability Protection to all cardholders and all transactions, including credential-on-file transactions.
A: Credential-on-file exists across industries and geographies, and some business models exclusively accept credential-on-file payments.
- Subscription services such as streaming media or ongoing scheduled delivery of goods and services are examples of credential-on-file transactions initiated by the retailer or business.
- Ride-sharing apps, digital wallets, connected devices or online retailers where you can pay with a simple click or swipe are examples of credential-on-file transactions that are consumer-initiated.
A: Yes, your card rewards apply regardless of how you use it – whether it is online, in-app, at the point of sale or through contactless transactions. Credential-on-file is a great way to start racking up points or rewards for purchases you make automatically, without even having to think about it!
?Certain restrictions, terms and conditions apply. Contact your card issuer or see Zero Liability for full details.
*No Purchase Necessary. Void where prohibited. Open to U.S. cardholders 18+ as of 12/03/18. International transactions ineligible. Ends 12/31/18. Restrictions apply. See Official Rules and complete details.
**No Purchase Necessary. Void where prohibited. Open to U.S. cardholders 21+ as of 10/1/18. Debit PIN & International transactions ineligible. Ends 12/31/18. Non-ecommerce Mastercard transactions also qualify. Restrictions apply. See Official Rules and complete details.
All third-party products and services referenced herein are trademarks of their respective owners.